The Corporate Security Specialist (CSS) maintains a safe and secure environment for corporate offices and events, client residences, and occasional on-body personal protection. The CSS utilizes a protective surveillance model to provide the appropriate level of security to a client. The CSS may have high contact and interaction with the client; therefore, they are expected to display a high level of physical fitness, professional appearance, and customer service.
· Secures premises and personnel by conducting on-foot surveillance of property; monitoring surveillance equipment; checking buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting and denying entry.
· Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Disseminates information regarding security-related incidents Coordinates contingency plans and emergency medical response for security incidents
· Implements security and access control procedures to ensure safety on the property
· Systemically monitor early-warning detection systems, security alarms, and cameras to identify and resolve security risks.
· Conduct security and threat assessment audits of the property and make recommendations for improvement security measures on-site.
· Assist clients with low- to mid-level concerns, including but not limited to scheduling and property management, to add convenience and bolster privacy
· Provide executive protection, and logistics support, as needed daily, including when the client travels domestically and abroad.
· Use of a firearm
· Current and active California BSIS Guard Card
· Current and active Guard cards from other states when required
· Two (2) year’s experience in office, residential, and Executive Protection (may substitute with pertinent military or law enforcement experience) preferred
· Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test
· Must be physically fit, presentable, and able to stand long hours and maintain high alertness level during long hours
· Demonstrated leadership experience
· Exercises sound operational judgment and the flexibility to shift priorities and challenges.
· Candidate must have flexible availability, including holidays, nights, and weekends with the ability to travel outside the U.S.
· Able to use a personal computer and have a working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
· Disciplined, professional, teamwork-oriented
· Excellent customer service skills
· Effective communications skills with phone/email/radio
· Ability to communicate effectively in English (written and verbal)
· Ability to maintain a satisfactory attendance record
· Reliable transportation
· Will be required to sign a confidentiality & non-disclosure agreement
· Current U.S. state Driver’s license
· Current U.S. Passport
· Prior military or law enforcement experience. Veterans who held military occupational specialties, including Marine Security Guard, Military Police Officer, FAST, and combat arms-related positions, are strongly desired.
· Prior training in emergency medicine, defensive tactics, arresting techniques, and tactical firearms
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration, or related field required; M.B.A. preferred
· Frequent travel to various worksites required.
· Certification through the Institute of Certified Professional Managers (ICPM) preferred
· Five years of related experience required.
· California BSIS Guard Card (required)
· California BSIS Exposed Firearm Permit
· California BSIS CCW required (or equivalate, i.e., HR218 status)
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
· Drive without restriction
· Bend at the Waist without restriction
· Twist torso/spine without restriction
· Climb stairs without restriction
· Climb ladders without restriction
· Lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds
· Continuously walk a minimum of five (5) miles
· Continuously stand a minimum of twelve (12) hours
· Continuously run a minimum of two (2) miles
Position Title: Corporate Security Specialist
Organization: Armor Bearer Protective Services
Pay Type: TBD
Pay Rate: TBD based off experience
Reports To: Physical Security Director