The Executive Protection Specialist (EPS) will provide for a high-profile client's welfare, physical protection, and security by performing armed and/or unarmed executive protection assignments.
· Provide close protection and other security-related functions for the client during domestic and/or international assignments
· Lead counter-surveillance operations
· Perform protective advance planning and threat vulnerability assessments
· Transport the client and/or family members to events and appointments, using evasive and/or defensive driving tactics, as needed
· Effectively manage the client and/or their family/representative requests against the need to ensure all safety and security precautions
· Respond to emergencies and perform medical operations as needed
· Deescalate tense situations or individuals that arise at the client’s residence and/or events
· Communicate vulnerabilities or safety concerns promptly
· Complete suspicious activity reports incident reports. shift logs, pattern of life reports, medical treatment reports, and other administrative requirements
· Ensure vehicle is in clean and safe operating conditions at all times
· Assist with protection schedules and team assignments
· Operate and maintain protective, operations, and communications equipment
· Promptly identify and escalate deficiencies/failures
· All other duties, as assigned.
· Current and active California BSIS Guard Card
· Current and active Guard cards from other states when required
· Five (5) years’ experience executive protection experience including advance planning, surveillance and counter-surveillance operations, and security driving for high net-worth clients (may substitute with pertinent military or law enforcement experience) preferred
· Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test
· Must be physically fit, presentable, and able to stand long hours and maintain high alertness level during long hours
· Demonstrated leadership experience
· Exercises sound operational judgment and the flexibility to shift priorities and challenges.
· Candidate must have flexible availability, including holidays, nights, and weekends with the ability to travel outside the U.S.
· Able to use a personal computer and have a working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
· Disciplined, professional, teamwork-oriented
· Excellent customer service skills
· Effective communications skills with phone/email/radio
· Ability to communicate effectively in English (written and verbal)
· Ability to maintain a satisfactory attendance record
· Reliable transportation
· Will be required to sign a confidentiality & non-disclosure agreement
· Current U.S. state Driver’s license
· Current U.S. Passport
· Prior military or law enforcement experience. Veterans who held military occupational specialties, including Marine Security Guard, Military Police Officer, and combat arms-related positions, are strongly desired.
· Prior training in emergency medicine, defensive tactics, arresting techniques, and tactical firearms
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Frequent travel to various worksites required.
· Certification through the Institute of Certified Professional Managers (ICPM) preferred
· Five years of related experience required.
· California BSIS Guard Card (required)
· California BSIS Exposed Firearm Permit
· California BSIS CCW required (or equivalate, i.e., HR218 status)
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
· Drive without restriction
· Bend at the Waist without restriction
· Twist torso/spine without restriction
· Climb stairs without restriction
· Climb ladders without restriction
· Lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds
· Continuously walk a minimum of five (5) miles
· Continuously stand a minimum of twelve (12) hours
· Continuously run a minimum of two (2) miles
Position Title: Executive Protection Specialist
Organization: Armor Bearer Protective Services
Pay Type: TBD
Pay Rate: TBD based off experience
Reports To: Physical Security Director